How to BoxBox Collision Detection (surely an easy question)

Falcon

How to BoxBox Collision Detection (surely an easy question)

Post by Falcon »

Hello,

I'm just starting using bullet and try to familiarized myself with the APi.
Actually a just try to set a BoxBoxCollisionAlgorithm into the collision dispatcher. I see in the documentation that use GjkEpa or Boxbox and i find in the Extras an alternativeAlgorithm. So in the Doxygen and in the demo i only find btConvexConcaveCollisionAlgorithm or SphereSphere, SphereBox...

Why not a method btBoxBoxCollisionAlgorithm? Did I miss something about Gjk or something like that? How made BoxBoxCollision in the dispatcher without the alternative algorithm?

Optionnaly, the installation of the library take place in his repository and not in /usr/local/lib...
I have used Cmake / make / make install ( mandriva / cmake 2.4-patch3 )

Thanks for your answers
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: How to BoxBox Collision Detection (surely an easy questi

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Falcon wrote:Hello,

I'm just starting using bullet and try to familiarized myself with the APi.
Actually a just try to set a BoxBoxCollisionAlgorithm into the collision dispatcher. I see in the documentation that use GjkEpa or Boxbox and i find in the Extras an alternativeAlgorithm. So in the Doxygen and in the demo i only find btConvexConcaveCollisionAlgorithm or SphereSphere, SphereBox...

Why not a method btBoxBoxCollisionAlgorithm? Did I miss something about Gjk or something like that? How made BoxBoxCollision in the dispatcher without the alternative algorithm?
You can simply register the btBoxBoxCollisionAlgorithm, by including it from the Extra/AlternativeCollisionAlgorithms folder. It is not part of the core Bullet/src due to difference in license (Bullet is using the ZLib license, and the box-box is under BSD license).
Optionnaly, the installation of the library take place in his repository and not in /usr/local/lib...
I have used Cmake / make / make install ( mandriva / cmake 2.4-patch3 )
Thanks for your answers
Bullet doesn't provide any support for installation as system library.
Thanks,
Erwin
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Hello,

Thanks to answer Erwin.

Does in the future bullet will be support as a system library or independante library with a full support?